Prepare for an Economic Collapse
- Start Prepping Put together an emergency kit that includes extra food & water, clothing and a portable shelter (tents, tarps, sleeping bags.) For more information on prepping, check out our article on the top ten prepping tips for every SHTF situation. Everyone one of those tips can help prepare you to deal with an economic crisis.
- Knowledge Knowledge is key, and now is the time to get some. During any kind of disaster, including an economic collapse, knowledge will be your most powerful ally. Start reading books on survival, and start collecting information on how to live off the land.
- Stock up on Supplies not Money Now is the time to buy the things you need! I’m not talking about T.V’s or Ipods, but instead buy things that you will need to live and survive in the future. Things like clothing, food, and survival gear will never lose their value, but money will. It’s better to buy the supplies you need now when they are cheap, than later when inflation drives prices through the roof. The price of everything is going up, stock up while you can. Everyday supplies will be worth their weight in gold.
- Put together a Bug Out Bag Should this country face an economic collapse, chances are pretty good it will be followed by riots, violence and something much uglier than the initial collapse of the economy. A Bugout bag should be filled with everything you need to survive in an emergency situation.
- Survival Laptops – Knowledge is power, but it can be hard to remember everything. Start Collecting as much information as you can on survival, prepping, food storage, and living off the land. Putting together a survival laptop or tablet, that stores all the valuable information you find, can help you during a crisis situation. A small laptop or tablet can fit thousands of survival books in a small portable device that can easily be carried with you anywhere you go. I also suggest picking up a small Solar Laptop Charger that can keep your laptop going indefinitely.